Friday, October 23, 2009

You Could Be a Farmer in Those Clothes...or a Member of a Free Love Cult

Yesterday was my first night on the farm. I love it so far.

There are two other Americans (guy from the Cape and girl from St. Louis), an Australian lassie and an Italian woman WWOOFing (World Wide Opportunities in Organic Farming) with me.

They're a lot of fun. They've all done this before at other farms now and have been here for about a week.

It turns out that the farm is part of a "cultural society" of some sort. Not entirely sure what that means yet. Last night the others were being alarmingly vague about what they had discovered about this place as they wanted me to "decide for myself" what I thought of it here.

They do a lot of Asian martial arts and yoga as a part of the society. They also have a leader named Paulo...but maybe now I've said too much.

The word "free love" was used by one of my WWOOF colleagues to describe the situation here.

Yes, NOW I've said too much.

Don't worry though. I'm not going to get sucked into some kind of cult. I can't even understand what anyone is saying.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment