Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Note on Moroccan Public Transportation


Much of the trip has been spent getting from one destination to the next, which I guess can be said about life in general. There's a lot of Morocco to see out the window of a moving vehicle.

Enjoying the scenic rides has actually been one of my favorite parts of the trip, which I guess could also be said about life in general.

Sometimes Dan and I actually looked forward to a long, lazy time just sitting. We're getting to know the Moroccan transportation systems well.

1. We know that Dan will always get stuck paying extra for his checked bag.

That I will do whatever it takes to keep my backpack with me at all times. No stowing it under the bus. No throwing it on top of the van.

2. That it's a good idea to share food and other goodies with your fellow passengers. Kinder chocolates. Dates. Tylenol.

3. That a woman will inevitably vomit somewhere near us.

4. That they can always fit one more person into the vehicle.

5. That the journey will always take a few hours extra than expected.

6. That someone will get into an argument in Arabic.

7. That we will reluctantly have to pull out the guidebook upon arrival because we realize we once again forgot to make plans and have no idea where we are, where we're going, or where we will sleep that evening.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment