Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Look Back at the Farm

My time on the farm was an intense period of reflection. More of a lesson in spirituality than agriculture.

It's not at all what I expected, but I don't think life can prepare you for the phenomena and personalities I witnessed there.

I don't own words to describe what that place was like and the things that I saw. I haven't fully digested it all yet and not sure I ever will. Ask me for details the next time I see you in person. It's a story worth trying to get out of me...trust me.

I used to think I was open minded, but my time in the community and with my fellow WWOOFERs has put a giant crack in a wall I never realized existed in my head.

I'll take with me a belly full of pasta, a new appreciation for good olive oil, a bag full of tasty preserves (a goodbye gift from the farmers) and the ability for complete acceptance...even when it comes to the completely unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment